Connecting the Corporate HQ – CASE STUDY
A business campus is the home away from home to millions of busy professionals around the world who increasingly demand constant and seamless connectivity.
Emails, video conference calls, and heavy downloads are just some of the actions that business people do on their mobile phones daily. Strong, reliable and fast wireless connectivity is no longer a nice to have at the workplace – it is a MUST.
But designing the wireless network for business campuses presents unique challenges, including:
- High residual macro interference at higher floors from macro signal;
- Containment of the indoor signal;
- Overlapping in-building coverage for buildings in close proximity;
- Multi-level 3D building modeling;
- Quality coverage and seamless handoff for stairwells and elevator shafts.
This case study goes over the detailed challenges and considerations when designing a DAS for a business campus, while taking into account 4G network performance requirements.
View the slides >
Vladan Jevremovic has joined iBwave in 2009 as Director of Engineering Solutions and has been in the Telecommunication industry for more than 17 years. He is responsible for developing custom solutions as a part of professional services portfolio. He’s also responsible for ideation and requirements specification in the new product development life cycle, and works closely with the development team on new product implementation. Vladan received his Diploma Ing. from University of Belgrade in Serbia, and his Masters and PhD from University of Colorado at Boulder.
Latest posts by Vladan Jevremovic
- Deep Dive Webinar Update: Matching Smart Shoppers with Smart Networks - December 4, 2015
- Deep Dive Webinar : How to design better wireless networks for stadiums - September 17, 2015
- Underground Wireless Design for Rapid Rail Transit: Challenges and Best Practices - June 21, 2015