LTE and Small Cells Dominate Discussions at Bogotá Seminar
It’s been over two years since we visited our friends in Colombia so it was about time we returned there. The Colombian ecosystem welcomed us with open arms – we had over 65 participants (double what we had when we visited in 2013) from many organizations, including some of the major Colombian mobile operators and all of the major OEMs. Colombia has over 48 million mobile subscribers keeping our ecosystem busy and on their toes so we had A LOT to talk about.
Held at the Radisson Royal Bogotá Hotel, we were told by our participants that the seminar was highly anticipated as the region doesn’t play host to many in-building networking events. Some participants traveled from Medellín to attend and we even had a few people from Ecuador join us.
Some of the major themes discussed included:
- LTE is new to Colombia so many discussions focused around the challenges of deploying it
- Effective small cell deployments were also a very hot topic for our participants
Thank you to all of our participants and a special thanks to our panelists from Sertenlite who revealed some of the key relevant matters for the Colombian market and provided a very valuable discussion.
Congratulations to our winner of a FREE iBwave Certification session (with a value of nearly $3,000 USD), Enrique Bravo from Telefonica.
Vladan Jevremovic has joined iBwave in 2009 as Director of Engineering Solutions and has been in the Telecommunication industry for more than 17 years. He is responsible for developing custom solutions as a part of professional services portfolio. He’s also responsible for ideation and requirements specification in the new product development life cycle, and works closely with the development team on new product implementation. Vladan received his Diploma Ing. from University of Belgrade in Serbia, and his Masters and PhD from University of Colorado at Boulder.
Latest posts by Vladan Jevremovic
- Deep Dive Webinar Update: Matching Smart Shoppers with Smart Networks - December 4, 2015
- Deep Dive Webinar : How to design better wireless networks for stadiums - September 17, 2015
- Underground Wireless Design for Rapid Rail Transit: Challenges and Best Practices - June 21, 2015